Thursday, May 5, 2011

A whole lotta sneaking around....

Unfortunately, I have not been able to update in a while. Over the last couple of weeks I have been slowly moving to a new place and still trying to go out/take pictures and really have had no time to update anything. So this will be a compilation of several places I have had the pleasure of revisiting.
This past weekend we decided to do this place when plans fell through else where.
We braved thousands of thorn bushes, tons of ticks, and booby traps made by the new Kenny Rodgers (A 20 lb lead pipe placed strategically to fall on your head when you opened doors), but we made it in with only a couple of scratches. Not too bad if I say so myself.



LV State Hospital, originally LV Sanatorium.
This tubercular hospital opened in doors in 1910 and met its demise in 1991.
The hospital was built to hold 150 patients and was considered a model in
tubercular hospital design.

The original hospital.
 Bone Stretcher (use your imagination)
 The Iron Lungs. (Rumored to be less than 200 Iron Lungs in existence.)





And of course, I could not help myself....
I'm going to hell, I know....





If you want to check out the rest of the set you can go here!
www.flickr.com/lilywhitebloodred

No comments: